Thursday, May 14, 2009

Good Morning!

I woke up feeling quite well this morning. This sun is shining, the baby slept pretty good last night and also slept while I showered this morning. Best yet, when I dropped him off at daycare this morning, he didn't shed a tear.

I arrived at work early this morning, my normal desk was available and yet I felt so good, I decided to sit somewhere else. Mostly because the girl that sits next to me that I talk to during the day had her seat snatched this morning. She doesn't know yet.

My little sister was supposed to get married tomorrow (a small wedding at the courthouse) so I had taken the day of to be present, but her Grandfather died on Tuesday so they're getting married to day. My entire family (except me) is headed to Chicago for the funeral as soon as my sister's nuptials are completed.

In light of my four day weekend, there's a lot I'd like to accomplish. The first thing on my TO DO list is attend a Weight Watchers (WW) meeting. I don't like the crash diets people have recommended to me and WW has worked for me in the past. It's been a couple of years since I've last attended one of these meetings, but this is something I'm going to have to do if I want my weight loss plans to be successful. As you can see from my previous post, I don't do so well on my own.

The second thing on my TO DO list this morning is to find a great walking path or see if there are any walking groups in my area. If there's not a walking group, maybe I can create one. I need to excercise and like a lot of people these days, I work on a really tight budget.

Today, I feel optimistic about my plans for the future. With a little discipline and support from friends, family, and this blog. I can see a heathier, happier me in the future.

No comments: